Hotmail Reset – Hotmail offers 5GB of free One drive cloud storage for all of its users. Hotmail comes with features such as virus scanning, inbox spam filtering, rich text formatting, contact grouping, auto-completion of contact addresses while composing, message filters, ability to navigate through keyboard without using a mouse and many excellent features. Hotmail is one of the most secure web email services on the internet. It never scans emails or attachments for advertising information like some of the competitor’s web email services do. The personal conversation of Hotmail is completely ad-free.
In 2013, Microsoft renamed Windows Live Hotmail services to Outlook.com. It moved away from the Hotmail brand. Although Hotmail no longer exists, all old email address remains the same. You can still choose to have a new email address with a “Hotmail.com” domain. If you type “Hotmail.com” in the search bar of your web browser then you are redirected to the main sign-in page of Outlook.com.
Today, we will tell you about how can you reset your Hotmail account. If you forget your password, the resetting account is the only choice you have. Resetting your account is pretty easy in Hotmail. We will discuss Resetting the Hotmail account from PC and Smartphone device.
Hotmail Reset – Password or Email
- Open a web browser on your PC. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Type “Hotmail.com” or Outlook.com” in the search box of the browser and press Enter.
- Outlook home page will be opened on your web browser. You will see a “Sign in” option in the middle of the web page. Click on it.
- Enter your Email id and press enter.
- Now, you will be asked to Enter your password.
- You will see “Forgotten my Password” option on the web page. Click on it.
- Now, you will have 3 option to choose from.
- I’ve forgotten my password. I know my password, but can’t sign in I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
- Click on “I’ve Forgotten my password” Option and press enter.
- Now type your Hotmail email id and enter the security captcha and press enter.
- Now, you will have to verify your identity by getting a security code on your recovery mail.
- You will be asked to get security code on your mobile number or recovery email account. You have to select one of these and then you will be asked to type your full mobile number or Recovery email address depending on what recovery method you’ve chosen.
- After entering it, click enter. A new webpage will be opened and it will ask for the security code. The security code has been sent to your recovery account through email or your mobile phone through text.
- Enter the security code on the web page and press enter.
- You will be asked to create a new password for your Hotmail account. Enter it and press enter.
Your Hotmail Reset account has been successfully recovered. You can use the same method on the smartphone using a web browser.